This pumpkin-kissed French toast is crunchy on the outside with a sweet custard-like inside. Perfect for a cool fall morning or winter evening treat, it’s a seasonal delight worth savoring.
We love to make this fall favorite with fresh, healthy ingredients from Redmond Heritage Farms. Redmond Heritage Farms is a member of the Redmond family and specializes in bringing real, natural farm products to local people through farm-to-table stores and cafes. There are 4 locations in Utah: Heber, Orem, Salt Lake City, and Springville, and we also have a Farm Truck that visits many other areas along the Utah Wasatch Front. If you live in Utah or will be visiting soon, be sure to check us out!
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. raw milk or heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. organic pumpkin purée
- 2 pinches Real Salt Kosher, or to taste
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice (cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg)
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla
- Hearty honey wheat bread (4-6 slices) (if you’re in Utah, we recommend Gutsy Grains Honey Wheat Bread available at Redmond Heritage Farm Stores)
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Granola (try our very own Redmond Heritage Farm’s House Made Gluten Free Pumpkin Granola if you’re in Utah)
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin spice
- Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin purée, salt, pumpkin spice, coconut sugar, and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
- Butter a griddle or skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Soak both sides of each bread slice in the egg mixture.
- Transfer to the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, granola, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice as desired.