Don’t you love Christmas traditions? Handmade stockings, new pajamas on Christmas Eve, or a special Christmas morning breakfast all make this season feel even more magical. If you’re looking for a delicious and festive recipe to make on Christmas morning, look no further! Our Chef Kathy has taken our favorite Abigail’s Oven dutch oven sourdough and turned it into an amazing bread pudding worthy of the most magical day of the year.
Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding
Note: this recipe requires refrigeration overnight, so plan ahead!
- 1 loaf Abigail’s Oven Cinnamon Swirl sourdough bread
- 4 pastured Farm Eggs
- 5 cups Real Raw Milk
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
For the whipped honey glaze:
- 1/3 cup real raw honey
- a pinch of Real Salt
- a pinch of powdered vanilla bean (or a dash of vanilla extract)
- Dice bread into large cubes and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs then add milk, cream, maple syrup, salt, and zest of 1 orange. Whisk until mixed thoroughly and then add bread cubes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 325. Add the cranberries to the bread mixture and carefully incorporate. Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish. Bake 30-45 minutes until dark brown on top.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped honey glaze: gently melt the raw honey in a saucepan, then place in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the salt and vanilla. Using the whisk attachment, whip on high for 8 minutes. Drizzle on top of the bread pudding and enjoy!