We all love pizza, but this recipe takes pizza to a whole new level. Our Chef Kathy was inspired by Greek flavors to create this amazing (and simple) pie. It’s easy to whip up, especially since you don’t need to make the crust – we used Cappello’s grain free naked pizza crust for this recipe. Enjoy!
Grain Free Greek Pizza
- 1 Cappello’s Grain Free Naked Pizza Crust
- 1 free-range chicken breast
- 1 tsp. Real Salt garlic salt
- Kalamata olives (we used Mediterranean Organic brand)
- 1/3 cup organic feta cheese
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. Real Raw Honey
- 1/4 lb fresh mozzarella
- Fresh arugula
For the Tzatziki sauce:
- 1 container (8 oz) organic Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeded and peeled
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 garlic clove
- Real Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients for the tzatziki sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Spread a thin layer on the crust.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and sprinkle with the garlic salt. Pan fry until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes, then chop into small cubes.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese, olives, and chicken on top of the sauce and the crust. Arrange the mozzarella slices and pear slices on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden on the edges and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey, and top with arugula. Serve immediately.